So here we go: The AYHSC and the Robbins Library want your ideas and skills to create a message about NOT drinking alcohol. Winners announced a couple weeks after the contest closes. Grab a copy of the official contest intro, rules and background sheet in the Teen Area. For those of you who want the rules, here you go:
1. Student submitting video must be currently enrolled in an Arlington middle
school or high school (or the homeschooling equivalent).
2. Videos must be submitted to Rebecca, the Robbins Teen Librarian, by
Friday, June 3rd, 2011.
3. Submit video by uploading to YouTube and send the link to
firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name and contact phone
number. The video becomes the property of the Robbins Library once it’s
4. Videos must be 50 seconds in length or less.
5. The Robbins Library reserves the right to post the link or show the video
based on content. No profanity or inappropriate remarks, please. Keep it
6. Each video will be judged on creativity, content/message and appeal to
Arlington teen (6th—12th grade) community.
7. The winning video will be uploaded onto the Robbins Library’s homepage,
the Robbins Library Teen page, and may be posted on the Arlington town
website at the discretion of the Arlington Youth Health & Safety office.
8. The student who submits the winning entry will be awarded a
$50 Visa gift card.