Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 Wrap Up and 2012 Challenges

I can't believe it is 2012... where did 2011 go?! I didn't not read as much as I would have liked. I only completed 73 books out of the 120 I challenged myself to read (basically an epic fail) AND I only finished 7 out of the 12 books in the 2011 Debut Author Challenge! Oh well.. it is a new year with a fresh start. Here are a couple lists of some of my favorite books I read this year.

Favorite Books Read in 2011
1) 13 Reasons Why- Jay Asher
2) The Help- Kathryn Stockett
3) Wintergirls- Laurie Halse Anderson
4) Delirium- Lauren Oliver
5) Just Listen- Sarah Dessen
6) Matched- Ally Condie
7) Before I Fall- Lauren Kate
8) Practical Magic- Alice Hoffman
9) Across the Universe- Beth Revis
10) Going Bovine- Libba Bray
11) Between Shades of Gray- Ruta Sepetys
12) Fire- Kristin Cashore
13) The Dark and Hallow Places- Carrie Ryan
14) Bruiser- Neal Shusterman
15) The Maze Runner- James Dashner

Favorite Books of 2011
1) Delirium- Lauren Oliver
2) Across the Universe- Beth Revis
3) Between Shades of Gray- Ruta Sepetys
4) The Dark and Hallow Places- Carrie Ryan
5) What Happened to Goodbye- Sarah Dessen

I know that I missed some great books this year (I'm currently reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone), but there is only so much time! I also can't help that the best books of the year had some ridiculous hold lists that I have been patiently waiting on. As always, all the books are coming in at the same time! :)

Even though I failed my challenges last year, I am going to challenge myself again this year! The goal is to read at least 100 books and I will again challenge myself to read 12 books by teen debut authors of 2012. You can follow my progress on these challenges on Goodreads. I added a widget to the blog that tells you how many books I've read towards the 100+ book challenge goal. I must confess, it has given me an extra book because I finished "Finnikin of the Rock" at like 1:00 AM on Saturday, but it shouldn't count since I started it before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment