Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dear people with eyes and brains,

That should include most of you (sorry if you were born without eyeballs, like my friends' cat). Okay, here's the thing. I was going through some of the summer reading reviews that many of you submitted, and they were good. Really good. So I got to thinking that we could definitely do something with this. I have, in my hot little hands, three Advanced Reading Copies (ARCS) for some of this Fall's best new teen fiction, and I want you to read and review it. A good, solid review usually clocks in at between 300 - 500 words, so keep that in mind if you decide to do this.
****SPOILER ALERT**** Yeah. Don't do that. Give away the ending and the coolest details in your review, and nobody will like you.

Alright. Genres up for grabs are:

Realistic Fiction with a bit of fantasy (an anorexic girl is tasked to become Famine, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse).

Sports Fiction with a hint of mystery (Carl Deuker wrote it, so you know...good stuff!).

Historical Fiction with a heap o' seafaring awesomeness (two words: Jacky. Faber.).

So, if you think that you've got the writing chops for this one, shoot me an email (rmeehan@minlib.net). First come, first served.

No comments:

Post a Comment